16.9.14

2:14am we meet again

Tempted to begin a new blog titled, "Chronicles of Higher Teaching: Accounts of a Freeway-Flyer." 

The reality of adjunct teaching finds one commuting between multiple campuses in order to have enough teaching assignments to qualify as working full-time. However, that distinction doesn't carry an overwhelming amount of weight since individual campuses calculate its own course load... so full-time just means you're REALLY BUSY without the benefits of those who are actually full-time faculty members. Chuckle. 

For one who has historically been a bit of a commitment-phobe when it comes to employment, I am perfectly content working semester-to-semester, or only part-time, if it means I have extra time to pick up another 4 hobbies. However, once I commit, I am COMMITTED. So students, if you're reading this, fear not, like I said in class, I'm here to make sure you get your money's worth when it comes to learning in my classroom. Otherwise we're all just wasting our time, right?

But back to my point, the part where I find myself hired, as of this week, by three different campuses. Three different sets of thrilling challenges, three diverse population of students, and three avenues for me to explore. The prologue to my chronicles have thus been written:  She came, she saw, she liked what saw, and it was good. 

2:22am, time to turn in so I can wake up to polish up the lessons for the day. I do hope the weather cools sooner than later, Hot Elliptical is not quite the same as Hot Yoga, at least the latter is planned...

Have a good week!



No comments:

Post a Comment