17.9.11

Weather change?

Dear Diary... (and world at large)

I woke up to grey skies this morning... such a delightful change. The weather was brisk, and I took a walk down Colima to 85c Bakery for some waist-expanding deliciousness. Chatted with a couple of workers that were taking their break, found out that they rarely if ever got free bread. Is that not the main draw to working there...?

Met up with My-An to catch the re-release of The Lion King! We ate noodles she'd bought from the food court - never knew that was a possibility, but an act definitely to be repeated. The theater buzzed with excitement and it was a full house! People cheered and applauded as soon as the movie started, and again when the credits began to roll. It was all very cute and nostalgic. 

Made my way to the pub, almost regretted my decision when I realized how much ground I had to cover, but somehow made it there in 30 minutes. I wanted to be home to feed the dogs, but wanted more to see him and to be supportive. Had no intention of drinking since I'm singing tomorrow... turned out I was also too tired to socialize or just to make nice. Someone asked if I was ok, and that I was looking a little serious... my face does tend to lean towards serious when I'm not smiling. Tried to watch a bad creature movie (Piranhas!) on the tiny TV set until loud drunk woman plants herself next to me and starts a conversation with another person sitting across from me...


Now I'm home. Delilah is fed and passed out by my foot. Duke did not touch his food because, I came inside to the study. Why that dog needs me to watch him in order to eat is beyond me.

Looking forward to stay-in-bed weather... but 10-day forecasts says 80's and sunny. Ah well.

Tomorrow, I entertain myself and then it's off to sing and see the Bishop...

I'm in a funk.

No comments:

Post a Comment