17.2.10

No Subject Too Small to Discuss

Thoughts I've been having lately and/or things that stick out in my mind:.

1)  Social Responsibility:  The feeling that as a person of demonstrated competence in the workplace, I should become once again, employed and thus able to become a contributing member to society. If nothing else, there are charities that have $20 less in their pockets because I am without a job. $20 is $20. 

2) Christopher Waltz's performance in The Inglorious Basterds:  Startling. Unnerving. And I'm wholly envious of his command over each of the languages he spoke.  

3) This amazing book I'm reading:  The Elegance of the Hedgehog by Muriel Barbery. I will be very sad when I turn the last page. It's unlike any book I've ever read. Adjectives used to describe this book by reviewers with whom I completely agree with:   Eloquent, funny, exquisite and heart-breaking. It's mesmerizing. The prose is ridiculous... 

4) Bejeweled Blitz: I'm over it. 

5) Helllooooo Tetris!   

I'm thrilled by the reappearance of sunshine and warmth in Los Angeles these past couple of days. It's decidedly picked up my sagging spirit which had been... sagged by the monotony and tediousness of my ongoing job-search, which incidentally, I've not yet blogged about. Of what in particular? Of the unethical, unhelpful, and most importantly, unwelcomed postings by companies and employers whose businesses are neither legitimate or in many cases. LEGAL.  I can smell pyramid schemes through my very computer screen.  In any case, there are companies I'd love to work for, and I've decided it would be fine even in an administrative role as long as it's a great working environment.  

Oh, I've failed to recognize that it's a new year on the Chinese calendar!  Happy year of the Tiger, may it prove to be fortuitous, prosperous and... a joyful 2010 for you and your loved ones!   

No comments:

Post a Comment