10.11.08

Let there be words... and there was.

I'd like to be a writer. Or an editor. Or a commentator.

I am however, technologically retarded which leaves me ill-prepared to compete in the job market for a job title that now requires, certain technical savvy - which I have none of. All I have are words, which ebb and flow as smoothly as... the stretch of the Los Angeles River which passes through the City of Industry where I work. It does not ebb nor does it flow. It trickles during the rainy season and while it tries mightily to become a river, it never quite resembles a river.

An introduction to me as writer - while I recognize that I have a certain panache with words, I have read 'enough' in my life to understand my limitations and to remain a humble learner and admirer of the English language. I will attempt to enthrall, amuse, or even impress you... but first I have to figure out how to use this thing.

Bon appetit.

No comments:

Post a Comment